Jewish Federations of Canada - UIA
Vice President, Strategy and Impact
Permanent Full Time Position - NEW
Jewish Federation of Canada - UIA (JFC-UIA) is a dynamic, forward looking national and international organization that brings Canadian Jewish Federations and communities together to maximize our shared commitment to Israel and our collective impact through a national system of services and resources.
Our mission is to foster and encourage opportunities that will lead to amplified philanthropy and engagement for federations and communities through inspired national initiatives and a commitment to ensuring Jewish Canada’s top community interests are promoted on a national stage.
Position Description and Key Competencies
Reporting to the President & Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President, Strategy and Impact will demonstrate leadership in strategy, innovation and modernization. S/he will be responsible for key strategic functions including: development and implementation of national initiatives; measuring impact; education and leadership development; support for small communities; and communications and publications.
As a key member of the senior leadership team, the Vice President, Strategy and Impact possesses exceptional strategic and critical thinking skills and proven management and change leadership experience.
With a record of success in the not-for-profit sector, the ideal candidate is an inspiring and tactful leader with superior interpersonal and presentation skills, strong results orientation, and a passion for Jewish community development and stakeholder engagement.
Importantly, the new Vice President brings proven capabilities in creating and sustaining a high-performance culture characterized by operational excellence, continuous improvement, collaboration and employee engagement.
Major responsibilities of the position are as follows:
- Serve as the senior strategic advisor and lead on national initiatives to the President & CEO.
- Oversee delivery of JFC-UIA programs and services to Federations and communities across Canada.
- Execute and deliver key initiatives as described in the 2019 – 2024 Strategic Plan.
- Create and implement a comprehensive impact strategy to measure the effectiveness of national collective initiatives.
- Strengthen and deepen connections to key audiences, including federation professional and lay leaders in Canada and Israel and global organizations and partners, to advance JFC-UIA’s mission and vision.
- Maintain acute awareness of community and industry trends.
- Build and manage an integrated, collaborative, multi-disciplinary team.
- Promote a culture of high performance, excellence and continuous improvement that values learning, experimentation and a commitment to all stakeholders.
With a Master’s degree in Business, Nonprofit Leadership, Jewish Professional Services or equivalent, the Vice President Strategy and Impact is comfortable in fluid operating environments, resilient, with a sense of humour and ability to maintain grace under pressure.
This is an exceptional opportunity to make a difference.
Interested candidates are invited to submit an expression of interest and curriculum vitae to Nikki Holland, President & CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org . All correspondence will be treated in confidence.
Application Deadline: October 24, 2019