Chief Financial and Operations Officer, Jewish Federations of Canada - UIA
Permanent Full-Time Position
JFC-UIA is a dynamic national organization that brings together the Canadian Jewish Federations and communities to maximize our commitment to Israel and our collective impact on the local, national and global Jewish agenda.
We support Canadian Jewish federations and communities by increasing our philanthropic capabilities, national and international influence, connection to Israel and one other and capacity for collective thought and action.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial and Operations Officer will demonstrate leadership in strategy, innovation and modernization. S/He will be responsible for all finance, budget and cash management activities of the organization. As a key member of the senior leadership team, the CFOO will contribute to the strategic direction and continued growth of the organization.
The Chief Financial and Operations Officer will be an enthusiastic and tactful leader who is passionate about improving processes and ensuring the smooth and effective financial operations of the organization. The individual sought has experience in a not for profit organization and has managed a team of people. The successful candidate shares a passion for Canada’s Jewish communities and Israel and is motivated to create and sustain a transparent and collaborative organizational culture focused on continuous improvement.
· Provide leadership in the development and continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
· Support and oversee the year-end financial information for audit purposes and regulatory filings, as well as preparing and presenting the annual budget and financial statements, and liaising with the Treasurer, Board Chair and CEO.
· Provide timely and accurate analysis of financial performance.
· Manage, direct and oversee all aspects of the finance and accounting functions of the organization, which comprises a team of employees in two offices in Toronto and Israel.
· Evaluation and implementation of optimal cash management strategies including activities in 3 currencies.
· Evaluate and advise on processes and new technologies.
· Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior management and partner federations to identify needs and seek a full range of business solutions.
· Ensure that effective internal controls are in place to ensure compliance with CRA and applicable regulations.
· Manage and assist in the funding relationships with various donors and relevant organizations locally and overseas
· Serve on various committees, providing support to lay members, and participate in board meetings.
· Degree in commerce or business administration with a professional designation.
· MBA is an asset
· 7+ years of post-designation experience including budgeting and financial management in a complex business, public or not-for-profit organization.
· Previous related experience working with boards and committees, acting as the liaison with external parties including banking, legal, investment and taxation would be an asset.
· The successful candidate will have exceptional leadership and management skills, and demonstrate a high level of integrity and professionalism, superior interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
· Experience using budgeting software and innovative modern relevant technologies.
· Working in or volunteering with a not for profit or charitable organization would be an asset.
Work Location: 4600 Bathurst Street, Toronto ON
HOW TO APPLY: Applications should be addressed to Nikki Holland, President and CEO, JFC-UIA – email@example.com