JFS Edmonton Executive Director, Permanent – Full Time, Edmonton, Alberta
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-respected community agency that has grown in status and stature over some 60 years, and is looking to plan for a progressive future. Jewish Family Services (JFS) is a not-for-profit, inclusive, non-denominational social service agency. Our vision- “Help, With Heart, For One and All”- embodies our agency, which provides services to individuals and communities in the Edmonton region regardless of ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation or identity, age, size, disability, or socio-economic situation.
Jewish Family Services provides strength and support to individuals and families in need in a manner sensitive to Jewish values. Services are provided under five key program areas: Integrity Counselling, Community Links, Edmonton Healing Centre for Grief & Loss, Seniors Making Age-Related Transitions, and Holocaust Survivor Support.
We are a medium sized agency, located in west Edmonton.
As the Executive Director, you will lead the charge as we build on our momentum to enhance our services, and provide new services in response to the ever-changing needs of our community.
We are seeking a dynamic and creative leader, as our Executive Director is retiring. Building on your leadership experience in the not-for-profit sector, you will be accountable to ensure consistent achievement of the vision of the agency, and ensure that the organization has a relevant strategy and execution plan to meet agency goals. The Executive Director is accountable to the JFS Board of Directors.
Key responsibilities include program design and impact evaluation, fiscal management and fund development, staff management, and leadership to, and representation of, the agency. Working with the Board of Directors, you will provide guidance and perspective to the development and execution of a progressive strategic plan for JFS. Other key responsibilities include:
- Utilizing a collaborative management style working with professional staff, oversee the running of the agency while fostering effective teamwork between the Executive Director and staff, and between the Board and the Executive Director
- Acting as professional advisor to the Board of Directors on all aspects of the organization’s activities
- Ensuring the fiscal well-being of the agency through effective and sound budget management
- Identifying, assessing, and informing the Board of Directors of internal and external issues affecting the agency
- Representing the organization at community events and activities to promote and enhance the organization’s community profile
- Engaging in community development with a focus on collaboration with partner agencies and organizations
- Degree or Diploma in Social Services Administration or a related field such as Business, Community Development, Management of Non-Profit Organizations
- 5-10 years’ proven leadership experience in a not-for-profit organization including managing a complex financial budget, strategic and business planning, and operational management experience (fiscal management, program design and impact evaluation, fund development and grant applications), and networking and collaborating with key stakeholders
- Experience in a management position with professional staff
- Experience working with vulnerable and marginalized populations and communities is an asset
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered
The Ideal Candidate will possess:
- Strong and effective networking and communication skills, with ability to identify and build collaborative partnerships to strengthen existing services and introduce new services
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and maintain positive relationships with internal staff, the Board, and external stakeholders
- Dynamic personality with strong innovative and forward-thinking skills
- Ability to embrace Jewish community, culture, values and traditions
- Strong organizational, analytical and decision-making skills
- Agility and flexibility with demonstrated ability to manage multiple demands in a fast-paced environment
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle
Note: The successful candidate will be required to obtain a satisfactory Edmonton Police Service Police Information Check Certificate, and any other checks as required.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and a complete benefit package.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé to Hiring Committee at EDJFSEdmonton@gmail.com
Closing Date: Open Until Suitable Candidate is Chosen
We thank all applicants for your interest, and we will respond to all applicants. Please do not contact the Jewish Family Services office.
Please login to leave a comment