The Jewish Federation of Winnipeg (JFW), is looking for an outgoing and dedicated individual to fill the position of Public Affairs and Advocacy Director. In this position, the incumbent will be responsible for working in coordination with various bodies to build and strengthen the Jewish Federation of Winnipeg’s relationships with all stakeholders in government and the community.
JFW’s mission: Acting as the representative body of the Winnipeg Jewish Community, building and sustaining a strong, secure and connected community rooted in Jewish values.
This position requires the ability to adhere to deadlines and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment; the incumbent will be responsible for:
- Working in coordination with the Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs and internal JFW committees to implement national advocacy policy and coordinating all regional efforts;
- Dealing with matters of antisemitism, commemoration, Israel and Jewish advocacy, media relations, security, and other issues of importance to the Jewish community;
- Maintaining positive, clear, and open communications with the community (including government, faith and cultural communities, post-secondary institutions, media, security professionals, etc.);
- Coordinating and leading various meetings, educational workshops and commemoration programs, including composing all speeches;
- Ensuring that JFW remains at the forefront of all community communications pertaining to antisemitic incidents and security through effective media relations, advocacy communications and social media protocols; and
- Managing the advocacy budget and reporting.
All applicants must possess a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in public relations, media and communications, advocacy, public policy, and/or community relations. The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in communications, political studies, or human rights, with high level of proficiency in social media tools and Microsoft Office Suite. Written and verbal fluency in French and Hebrew and desktop publishing are considered strong assets.
To be successful in this role, the incumbent will have superior communication skills, excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, with a deep understanding of issues that impact the Jewish community. All applicants must be driven and self-motivated, with the ability to adapt to change quickly in a team based environment. This position requires the ability to work extended hours and use of a personal vehicle. Competitive salary and benefits package will be offered.
Please send resumes to Leah Shaw at email@example.com