DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS, ADMINISTRATION AND FINANCE
Location: Hillel House, UBC Campus, Vancouver
Hillel BC seeks an energetic, highly organized, detail-oriented professional with excellent interpersonal, managerial and financial skills to serve as our Director of Operations, Administration and Finance (DOAF).
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the DOAF is an essential member of the Hillel team who may also be called upon to provide support for programs which occur during Shabbat/Jewish holiday evenings or weekends.
- Ensure that all aspects of the Hillel BC building, its equipment and the surrounding grounds are maintained properly
- Arrange for and supervise regular maintenance, required upgrades and necessary repairs for the building and all of its equipment, including the computer and telephone systems
- Manage, review and negotiate all service contracts to optimize delivery and cost effectiveness
- Respond to emergencies and facility/equipment alarms
- Comply with health, safety and security standards
- Liaise with University of BC Building Operations, University of BC Parking, campus security and local police authorities
- Take responsibility for the cleanliness of the building by making daily inspections of the facility and overseeing all custodial needs
- Keep track of keys, alarm codes, fobs and other security instruments
- Provide operational supervision of the University of Victoria Hillel House
- Review and approve maintenance requests for the University of Victoria Hillel House
- Oversee building rentals: liaise with tenants, schedule events, negotiate contracts; arrange for staff supervision; respond to any catering, equipment or logistical needs
- Manage all insurance requirements, including policy renewal and appropriate insurance coverage for rentals, tenants and events
- Oversee payroll, benefit plans and other HR components
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and suppliers
- Prepare minutes and reports for Board Meetings
- Manage cash flow and maintain/distribute petty cash
- Collect receipts and expense reports
- Process and pay all bills and remit expenses
- Ensure all financial records/reports are accurate, up-to-date and filed appropriately
- Assist the Accountant, Auditor and Treasurer
- Maintain the donor base and manage the donation process, including data entry, as well as the issuance of tax receipts, tribute cards and thank you letters
- Review and approve minor expenses for the University of Victoria facilities
Qualifications and Skills
- Computer proficiency, especially in regard to Microsoft Office and Adobe software
- General knowledge of payroll and accounting systems
- Three to five years relevant experience
Please send your resume and cover letter to Sam Heller (Managing Director and incoming Executive Director as of July, 2018): firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are due by Friday, February 23, 2018.