DIRECTOR, The Jewish Community Foundation of Greater Vancouver
The Jewish Community Foundation of Greater Vancouver has grown to become the centre for philanthropy in the Greater Vancouver Jewish community. With assets of over $60 million, the Foundation has recently completed a strategic planning process which identified strategic fund development as a key priority to lead the organization in its next phase of growth.
The Foundation is looking for a Director to manage an energized program of outreach and solicitation to build endowment resources for the Federation and the larger Jewish community. The Director will be a crucial part of our small team and will work together with the Executive Director to facilitate the philanthropic giving of donors and their families and will manage a range of operating functions including volunteer committee management and oversight of the Foundation’s unrestricted grant program.
Goals for the Foundation include; enhancing visibility and awareness of the Foundation and its programs and services, facilitating significant growth in the assets and funds under management, applying a disciplined approach to prospect research and donor cultivation and ensuring an infrastructure that can support effective stewardship and donor satisfaction.
- Passionate about community and raising money
- Want to be part of an exciting effort to grow the Jewish Community Foundation’s assets and impact
- Have a minimum of 5-7 years professional management experience in a not for- profit setting
- Possess outstanding written and oral communication skills, coupled with strong interpersonal skills and the desire to build relationships
- Have an understanding of and experience with planned giving programs and instruments (preferred but not essential)
- Demonstrated commitment to Jewish communal life and institutions is preferred
- Take initiative and love an environment with multiple tasks and responsibilities
If this exciting opportunity interests you please email your resume with cover letter to the Jewish Community Foundation at email@example.com by April 30, 2018.
We thank all applicants for applying. Only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.